Oh boy, I am living the dream this summer. Every summer, I start off feeling like this. Usually this feeling lasts until July when I think, “What comes after July? August! Which means inservice is right around the corner and the kids will be here before I know it, which means I should have started getting ready back in January…” I’m not crazy per se…I just like to be prepared and someday when I grow up, I will learn how to relax. To be honest, I’ve already done quite a bit of school stuff this summer but I’ve managed to fend off this doomsday feeling (it’s still June). Don’t get me wrong, I love my job…but I love not working too 🙂
As far as my “Grand Plans for Summer” list goes:
1) Finish my two summer classes (yeah, I know, not fun but must be done) – I am making progress and taking names. I’m over half done with my first summer class and will be starting my last one next week.
2) Join a Zumba class
3) Complete the Couch to 5K challenge – I am in the middle of week two of the Couch to 5K training…and yes, if you do the math I have not kept on track with the weeks. I would like to say it’s all because of rain and poor weather but really I just lose track of time and forget to do it three times a week…weather is only a minor factor. But I will say, I’ve been exercising more and eating more “real” food (which, is of course, another item on my list! See #7!)
4) Renew my joy of reading with such classics as…
Seriously…I’m Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella – On page 178!
Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
and anything else Rory Gilmore has read and I have not…
5) Plant some mosquito repelling plants, like lemongrass or marigolds, on my balcony – After some additional research, I found that marigolds attract wasps and we already have a small issue fending off wasps. So, obviously I didn’t plant marigolds…and lemongrass was intimidating. I called it a draw, planted some zinnias, and bought a citronella candle.
6) Get a tan
7) Eat less processed food and more fruits and vegetables – See #3!
8) Go to rummage sales
9) Walk to where I’m going more and drive less – Technically…no progress. BUT I have gone on a few walks…sooooo…
10) Go on a mini-doesn’t-cost-too-much vacation
11) Buy lots of books at the library book sale
Summer summer summer! I love it!